Getting Started Guide
|Top Previous Next|
Welcome to the Getting Started Guide for Easy DVD Shrink!
Here are the tips to successfully copy your DVDs:
How to copy a DVD movie?
1. If you are copying from a DVD disc, remember to insert your DVD movie into the DVD drive before starting up "Easy DVD Shrink".
Note: Some DVD player software automatically start up when a DVD is inserted. Please make sure that you closed the DVD player before starting copy.
2. Click the "Browse DVD" button to choose the DVD drive or hard drive folder that contains the DVD movie files.
3. Choose the destination for your DVD copy: "DVD Disc" or "Hard Drive".
4. Choose a DVD burner drive where you wish to burn the copied DVD files and then insert a blank DVD disc into the chosen burner drive (Skip this step if you have chosen "Hard Drive" in step 3).
Settings - Click this button to enter the disc label, choose the burning speed, and enable the "Eject After Burn" option. (Optional)
Erase Disc - Click this button to erase your DVD+/-RW. (Optional)
Note: If you only have one DVD drive, you'll be prompted to remove the original DVD once it's been copied, and insert a recordable DVD disc when it's time to burn. If you have a reader and a burner, you can put the DVD movie in the reader and a blank DVD disc in the burner and complete the entire process in one step.
5. Click the "Browse" button to choose the path on your hard drive for storing the copied DVD files.
Note: Because a large amount of storage is necessary to complete a copy, the path location must have sufficient hard-disk space.
Note: The copied DVD files can be played using DVD player software, such as PowerDVD and WinDVD.
6. Select the "Target Size" that defines the amount of data the DVD copy can contain:
DVD-5 - For 4.7GB, single layer DVD disc (Default)
DVD-9 - For 8.5GB, double layer DVD disc
Customize - You can freely adjust the target size.
* Burn existing DVD files to the disc directly option allows you to burn previously copied DVD files to the DVD disc without going through the copy (i.e. shrinking) process.
7. Click the "OK" button to enter your settings above. The left hand box will show the DVD structures of your movie.
8. Check that all settings are correct and then click the "Start" button to start copying your DVD!
Note: If you have selected "DVD Disc" as the target, burning will begin once the DVD movie has been completely copied to the temporary folder.
Tip: You can click the checkbox to disable the preview window, this can make the copy process run a bit faster.
If you encounter any errors when copying or burning, please refer to our FAQ page.